African showbiz news and entertainment

Pants on fire: Man’s power bank explodes in his pocket – VIDEO

Twenty-nine-year-old Lwando Mashiamahle was waiting for his girlfriend who was queuing to buy a plane ticket at OR Tambo International Airport when the power bank in his pocket overheated and combust into flames.

Airport staff sent him the footage of the incident captured on CCTV camera, which he sent to a friend who posted it on Twitter with the heading: “Guys stop buying power banks ko Small street (sic)”.

“Fortunately I have no injuries but my pants were burnt and I had to quickly find the nearest shop to buy a new pair,” he told News24.